Monday, July 30, 2012

3 Months Old

Today you are three months old.  How did that happen???  You are a quarter of the way through your first year of life and already been through so much.



And yet I can still remember this day oh so well...



At just 5 weeks old you had to go through surgery for an inguinal hernia.  You were such a trooper even if your mom cried buckets when they took you away.  You turned into such a happier baby from that moment forward.



You have grown so much.  I checked you yesterday and you are up to 13.5 lbs from your 8 lb, 1 oz birth weight.  You do love to eat!  Whereas we used to burp you once every ounce, now we only dare try once halfway through and even then you act like we are the cruelest people in the world.

You didn't love bath time at first, but now you love it!


Since around 10 weeks you have been sleeping from 9pm-6am...and that has increased to 7am in the last few weeks!  We certainly can't complain about that.  Your daddy actually gives you your last bottle and puts you down for the night.  He does it so well, I'm scared to do your last feeding myself.  But I always get you in the mornings and you have the biggest grin on your face for me.  It makes my insides melt.



A couple of mornings recently you have woken yourself up by rolling from your tummy to your back.  You have never liked sleeping on your back so I can understand why you don't get back to sleep.  Now if you can just roll over during the day when I can see you vs. finding you all cute in your crib.

Speaking of crib, you've been sleeping in yours in your own room since your second week home!  I was amazed that you took to it so well.  We were so proud of you.

You have recently started "talking" more and more and when you squeal with delight it lights up the world around you.  You still love your mobile gym and recently "discovered" the many toys that have been surrounding you forever.  You are looking at and eating your hands and it is one of the cutest things ever.



You had your first beach vacation with daddy's family at Emerald Isle and had your toes dipped in the ocean and guess what?  You loved it!


You spent many nights with mommy's family, too, and it was G-Ma Adams who stayed with us for the first 7 weeks of your life.  Without her, your mommy might have lost her mind ;)



We had a wonderful 12 weeks together at home and vacationing, but then mommy had to return to work and had a time with it having you in daycare three days a week, but you did great and remarkably, so did mommy!  I think it helps that I can be with you at home on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  I love my time with my little man!

I cannot wait to see what's in store for us in your fourth month! 


3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that the surgery made such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I totally love the beach picture!! What a doll!! xox

    http://lilmsadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete