Thursday, July 7, 2011

It all starts now

So yeah...here I am. Finally ready to take the plunge and start trying to conceive. WEIRD!!!

DH and I have been married for almost 4 years (in November) and while he was never big on the idea of children, he knew that was a dealbreaker for me. I had been on birth control since I was 20 and just stopped it last August. We had been using condoms ever since, up until a couple weeks ago. So I suppose we were officially "trying" over the holiday weekend.

As of now, I'm either 1 or 2 DPO and in the dreaded two week wait. It is such a LONG time isn't it?

Since I've made my own baby-specific twitter account, I never realized just how many women there are out there who have tried and failed numerous times between miscarriages and IVF and FET. I cannot imagine. Part of me wishes we hadn't waited so long to START trying since we have no way of knowing what obstacles we might have in our way.

This blog will serve as a document of the journey...of any ponderings and I can tell you right now, that with as much talk as there is about things like "cervical mucous" everywhere you go online...I guess there will be a lot of TMI posts as well.

If you're reading this...I'm super-grateful and appreciative. This is all so overwhelming to me. Good luck to everyone else who is still trying. Here's to us!

8 comments:

  1. Congrats! What a great way to start a new chapter, I can't wait to read about all your successes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you sweets!! I'm looking forward to following your journey. I will let you know that my husband and I just celebrated 10 years married in May and we have 1 little girl. We tried for almost 7 years before we FINALLY became pregnant. I was super excited and couldn't believe it. Good luck to ya as I know exactly what your going through *giggles*

    Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I'm so excited for you guys. My sister is 22 weeks (and 4 days, technically) pregnant and I can't wait to be an aunt. I hope you have no complications and set backs!!!! :-)

    I have PCOS so I am fairly certain my TTC is going to be long, rough and a battle. My age isn't on my side, either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen so many people on twitter already dealing with pcos...never thought about all the obstacles til it was time to start. I'm scared to death about the idea of a baby haha...but at the same time I've always wanted to be a mom and life is too short so...it's time for us to start. I'll send all kinds of luck to you when the time is ready.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am looking forward to reading more! What an exciting/scary journey TTC is. So glad to have in-person and online support! Everyone's stories are so interesting, informative, familiar, yet unique! I wish everyone TTC the best. I now know what it feels like to just want something so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mandy,
    Thanks for so honestly sharing your story. It sounds like you will be a wonderful mother. Women by nature are the nurturing heart of the home. I wish you well on your journey into motherhood.
    ~traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to bloggy land and good luck in your journey!!

    ReplyDelete