Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Second time around

I'll admit that when we first started TTC last cycle (early July), I wasn't doing anything to really pinpoint exactly when I would O. I was just half-assing and we only BD twice during what we thought was our window, which turned out to be a bit too early according to hindsight calculations.

This time I was prepared. I did BBT charting and was diligent with my OPK tests, BUT I got too gung-ho, too soon and kinda ruined the romantic aspect of our BDing.

Stats (which I will continue to update):
7/31 - CD11 - BD
8/01 - CD12 - nothing to report
8/02 - CD13 - OPK-, EWCM, BD
8/03 - CD14 - OPK+, BD
8/04 - CD15 - OPK+
8/05 - CD16 - OPK-, BD
8/06 - CD17 - OPK-, BBT dip 96.5 (pretty sure O was here)
8/07 - CD18 - 1DPO, BBT spike 98.2, BD
8/08 - CD19 - 2DPO (gassy/bloated)
8/09 - CD20 - 3DPO (mildly crampy)
8/10 - CD21 - 4DPO BBT 98.4 (dull crampy, heavy/sore boobs)
8/11 - CD22 - 5DPO BBT 98.4 (vivid dreams)
8/12 - CD23 - 6DPO BBT 98.2 (heavy/sore boobs, vivid dreams)
8/13 - CD24 - 7DPO BBT 98.6 (heavy/sore boobs (sorer today), mild/dull cramps, vivid dreams, nausea/diarrhea this morning, bit of a hot flash and pretty moody)
8/14 - CD25 - 8DPO HPT something is there, but barely! BBT 98.5, (heavy/sore boobs)
8/15 - CD26 - 9DPO HPT very faint positive omg! BBT 98.1 (bigger, sore boobs, fluttery feelings in lower abdomen)
8/16 - CD27 - 10DPO HPT slightly less faint positive! BBT 98.6 (same symptoms + backache)
8/17 - CD28 - 11DPO HPT positive! BBT 98.7 (no symptoms really...odd)
8/18 - CD29 - 12DPO HPT positive! BBT 98.4 (sore boobs, very bloated/uncomfy, mild cramps)
8/19 - CD30 - 13DPO HPT positive! BBT 98.1 (same)

Basically by the time we really needed to BD, I had kinda worn him out haha. But what do you think...do you think our chances are remotely good? I'm definitely not getting my hopes up.

So I'm sitting here at 3 DPO (I think haha) with AF due on Aug 20. This two week wait thing blows haha.

Good luck to us all!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Keep us posted :-) It looks like you def BD'd at appropriate times. That's too bad about wearing him out...maybe that memory will fade fast for him and things'll get back to normal soon ;-) It's easy to fall into that mentality, especially early on. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia you are just the best! And seeing you go through your own journey has been inspiring to say the least. Here's to wonderful days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I haven't done the OPK tests. But my hubs is not impressed by my get-to-business attitude about things during my estimated fertile times. Haha! So I can relate. But seriously, it is baby-making time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the hubs are just gonna have to understand haha. It's so funny..DH is asking me daily "are you pregnant"...I tell him we have to wait and then he does a mini-panic-freakout like he is scared to death it'll be positive haha. It's like we're both freaked out, but know we're only getting older so we just kinda gotta dive in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I'm creeping over here, too ;) Sperm can live up to 5 days, so I would say you BD'd when you needed to for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I like having you all over the place! And yeah sooo crazy. I guess I'm relieved that apparently he has good swimmers ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you! And thank you for cheering me on :) xoxox

    ReplyDelete