Friday, September 23, 2011

2nd Ultrasound @ 9w0d (Sep 22, 2011)

So 10 days after my first appt, I got to meet my Dr. And yay I love her!

She comes in and we chat...nothing too fancy. She tells me we'll be doing a pap smear (ugh) and breast exam (but they hurt right now!) and then she'll do an ultrasound to check on the heartbeat (yay!).

Before all that she advises me to get a flu shot so they go ahead and knock that out.

She leaves the room and I put on the oh-so-flattering gown open to the front...I mean why even wear the thing...I know I know, it's just how it is ;)

When she gets to the manual pelvic exam I'm thinking "don't squish Bun-bun!" haha. Now comes the ultrasound...yay! But she warns me that this is an older machine and won't have the high imaging of the one I got at my first appt. Oh well..I'll take what I can get!

(Click image for larger)



And it was...amazing! BB was just a wiggling! I loved that it even made the Dr smile (which made me feel good). Heartrate was 179bpm, which she said was normal. She told me based on measurements that my new due date is 4/26 (vs 4/28).

Next appt is Oct 11 for the NT scan...ack! Seems so far away!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE! Bun Bun looks adorable already! It's amazing that everything looks baby like already at such an early stage. The heart rate is good. I'd say a boy by the heart rate (please don't kill me if you want a girl! :-P), its just MY two cents :-)

    Happy 9 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's ok...we're fine with whatever gender we get...just want healthy and happy! :)

    ReplyDelete