Tuesday, September 6, 2011

6w3d

FINALLY less than one week until my first OB appt and ultrasound. I. Can. Not. Wait!

For a while I was feeling very much NOT pregnant. The bloating had subsided some and my dreams had calmed down. There was no nausea.

Well all of that changed last week (around 5w3d) when I got completely nauseous and it hasn't gone away...at all...but I haven't thrown up at all...yet.

I would say the best way to describe it is like...the worst hangover you ever had minus the headache. You really feel like one big greasy breakfast could make everything better, but it doesn't. In fact, the only things that seem to make it better at the moment are:

-Eating every 2 hrs (force feeding!)
-Eating when I first wake up (even though it's the LAST thing I want to do)
-Nibbling on teeny slivers of raw ginger twice a day (not the best)

That's pretty much the only symptom....aside from (TMI!) diarrhea in the mornings also...so sexy :P

Oh but BOOBS! So so sore at night. I can get comfy going to bed just fine, but when I inevitably change positions in the night or get up to pee, they are SOOOO sore. I have slept in my bra a few times and that does seem to help, but good grief! It's almost like someone used them as punching bags haha.

Poor Ryan has been wanting to do the deed ALL the time lately and yeah...that's not happening when I'm focusing on not throwing up haha. I feel bad for him cos I'm not that much fun to be around lately...feeling rather lazy due to not feeling good. But he's being very doting and not giving me any grief so I cannot complain.

I do find I cannot eat much when I do eat...I just get full so quickly. I hope little Bun-bun is happy...cos it sure is making things uncomfy for me ;)

Again while the nausea is making this feel more and more real...I'm counting down the hours until the OB appt. THEN I feel I can rest a little easier, right? I will be 7w2d by then and if I can just hear a heartbeat I'll be so so thrilled.

QUESTION:

Should Ryan come with me to the appt? Don't they have to do the transvaginal ultrasound at this point?

5 comments:

  1. YES he should come with you! It will make it more real for him since he can't feel what you're feeling. Also, there's nothing more thrilling than hearing and seeing that little heartbeat for the first time! :-)
    And yes, it's transvaginal, but it's no big thing and he will be standing by your head, not at your, ahem, feet ;-) There will be a paper sheet blocking the view of the wand and everyone's complete focus will be on the ultra sound monitor. If he doesn't want to see you get undressed and hop on the table he can stand behind the curtain (or outside the door) until you're ready :-)

    You described all the symptoms I was having, except your nausea hit a bit earlier. So glad you're having symptoms! Bring something to video the sonogram (your phone, a cam corder, something)! :-)
    So excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for all the information Julia! I told Ryan he HAS to be there now :) No question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting--the first family trip to hear the heartbeat!! You should video it. That is a great idea from Julia!

    I was so excited at the prospect that pregnancy came with boobs, not as exited anymore... (but still kinda) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee...yeah I've never had big boobs...not that they're big now..but I have read too much lately...kinda scary hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how exciting that you have an appointment coming up :) I agree that he should go with you xx

    ReplyDelete