Friday, April 13, 2012

38 weeks

Nothing too crazy, but it's been far too long since I posted anything. Still need to go through pics from my formal shower at some point :)

Had my 38 week checkup yesterday...some stats:

Baby
-measuring normal
-still head down
-heart rate 158bpm

Me
-Dr confirmed I did test positive for Group B Strep. Just means I will have an IV of antibiotics at time of delivery.
-up 35 lbs...not real happy about this, but Dr said I'm fine. will just be extra motivated to get it all off and then some ;)
-cervix checked for first time...1cm dilated and 70% effaced. Dr said she doesn't expect me to go past my due date, but you never know.

In other news...how am I feeling and what's new? Been a while since I documented so this is for posterity's sake:

-backache a daily battle. always under bra-line on left in my upper back...kinda under shoulder blade. used to hit me around 5:30...now it gets me way early in the day and driving is a killer...even just my short 10-15 min commute. Only fix is laying down

-heartburn...luckily Zantac has kept it mostly at bay so long as I remember to take the 2nd dose by 4pm.

-swelling of hands and feet...it's never crazy, but definitely there and more noticeable at the end of the day

-painful hands in the middle of the night...Dr said it's from fluid redistributing during the night. hurts to do anything with my hands, but disappears almost immediately upon waking

-been waking up sometimes in the past few weeks almost choking on acid reflux...ugh. it's a pretty horrible experience. have tried sleeping propped up a bit and it does help...some

-in the past week I have had some bad (TMI) trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night. apparently this is likely due to the hormone Prostaglandin, which helps prep the body for labor by thinning the cervix and whatnot

-heart racing/elevated pulse...this has been ongoing since 36 weeks I think. will be racing up to 120bpm while just sitting at my desk. asked Dr and she said can be normal at this stage and to not worry unless I develop chest pain. but it's really annoying and causes me to sigh almost constantly. i'm sure my coworkers aren't annoyed at all ;)

I'll post more if I think of anything haha...seems like a lot of complaining, but it's more just documenting. Can't believe I get to meet my son soon...omg "my son"...WHAT??? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment