Wednesday, April 25, 2012

39 weeks 6 Days

Ok so...Ryan and I were all excited about our ultrasound today.  We get to the waiting room and the ultrasound tech comes over to us.  She says that the girl who scheduled this appt for me last week wasn't paying attention.  Insurance won't cover the ultrasound or NST monitoring until AFTER my due date, which would mean Friday.  She explains she is sorry and that I'll still meet with the Dr for the cervix check and measuring.  I'm just so so disappointed.  I tell Ryan he can go back to work.

I see the Dr and she apologizes for the mixup.  She says she will still check me and offers to strip my membranes as it can sometimes speed things up (said can trigger labor within 48 hrs?).  I say sure.  She checks and I've not made any further progress.  Still 3cm and 70% effaced.  She strips my membranes, which is only slightly more uncomfy than the check itself. 

So now I'm home and grumpy and spotting like whoa.  No cramping or contractions yet that I'm aware of.  Baby still measuring "normal"...she estimated he'll be under 8 lbs or just over.  Now the next available u/s and NST appt is Monday at 2pm.  Maybe I'll go into labor before then.  They did go ahead and put me on the schedule to be induced next Thursday if he hasn't yet arrived. 

I'm just so disappointed...but I'm hormonal and I know I'll get over it.  Just such a letdown.

1 comment:

  1. UGH! Bummer... I was really hoping for some better news! Hopefully things will be kicked up a few notches now...

    ReplyDelete