Monday, April 23, 2012

39 weeks 4 days (TMI)

So over the weekend I had some TMI events...I spotted most of the day Friday after the OB appt...nothing unusual.

Saturday morning I noticed some brownish mucus so I assumed it was my mucus plug. Ryan had gotten up WAY early to go to Record Store Day so I texted him that I had lost it. His reply was too funny...I just imagined him standing in line and reacting. He kills me!


Anyway, Sunday morning was the REAL mucus plug...a brownish mass at the bottom of the toilet. Gross, but ok whatever.

Then this morning after peeing I noticed a rather sizable reddish brown streaky mucus mass on the TP...after googling I realize this is the "bloody show," which is way more indicative that things are about to start happening.

So here I sit today at my desk...highly unmotivated to work. Haven't had any menstrual-like cramping or BH contractions that I'm aware of since Tuesday, but I do think we will be meeting BB before the weekend perhaps! My brother is back stateside around 10:30am tomorrow when I'm supposed to pick him up from the airport. Crazy times!

Next OB appt is Wednesday at 1:20pm. Kinda hoping I go into labor then and there since we'll be right at the hospital ;)

2 comments:

  1. Avoid induction if you can. It changes the nature of the beast.

    Bloody show is the most poorly described phenomenon in childbirth. It's described as a bloody tinge in the underwear. When I was in labor with my second, it looked like someone had been sacrificing goats in the room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bwahaha omg that's terrible! LOL!!! But yeah am hoping to avoid induction. Mom had to be induced with both me and my brother. Hopefully I'm making enough progress that we won't have to go down that road.

      Delete